buying a bike witout a log book

paul8899

Hello,

I have been offered an rd125 that a mate has had for years. Its all legit but he has lost the log book and he can't remember the registration number.

My question is can I get a new log book with the original registration number allocated to the bike by quoting the chassis number and can I get a new log book just by quoting the chassis number ?

thanks

Has it had a new style V5? If so, yes.

If not, you'll need an old tax disc, any maybe a dating letter to sort it.

Has it had a new style V5? If so, yes.

If not, you'll need an old tax disc, any maybe a dating letter to sort it.

He had an old style v5 and he hasn't got any tax discs/mots. Who would be able to give me a dating letter ?

hi paul,soory i did not make thr bank,will monday.

as for the dating letter,ill dig out a place in heriford that will date eny bike for the dvla for £20 ish,but im sure yamaha will do it for free,but i carnt remember as i did with them afew years ago.

if you know the reg and frame numbers you can apply for a new v5, think its costs about £25 (it could be more, i did it last year and cant quite remember)

He had an old style v5 and he hasn't got any tax discs/mots. Who would be able to give me a dating letter ?

There is a list on the DVLA site I think, but the importer, or the vintage motorcycle club, and some owners clubs.

I've tried using the old V5s, and have calls from the vehicle inspectorate wanting to check it out -not been done as they were bare frames. They said call back when it's together as a bike, and I've not got that bit done yet.

Archived