steering damper rebuild

lorenzo

Moved my bike about the other day and noticed that it'd spooged all its oil all over the side of my bike and the damping is now a bit puny. I suspect that further use will increase the level of spooge excretion until one day it suddenly stops and will spooge no more. The dampers a Nitron one I think (can't remember now, might be a hyperpro actually) but it's a relatively half decent adjustable one, not the stock fixed one that would be a sealed throwaway unit or anything. Anybody got any ideas about how to go about rebuilding it?

iv rebuilt the sprint dampers,by rebuilding it in a buicket of the same oil,a bit messy but you can do it.build them under the oil,so there is no air to get in.

What do you do about the seal? Mines oozing out all over the place, so being able to refill it is only half the problem.

I had a Sprint steering damper rebuilt by Sprint, and the cost was quite reasonable -- £50 including supplying a new fitting kit. Maybe Nitron do the same service -- might be worth checking with them?

Archived