GSXR600 K1 MASTER CYLINDER

Romski

Need to upgrade the master cylinder on my k1 track bike as they are fubar-what else fits without loads of aggro??

cheers.

Need to upgrade the master cylinder on my k1 track bike as they are fubar-what else fits without loads of aggro??

cheers.

A radial master cylinder from the later GSX-R's is a good replacement, alternatively, the later R6/R1 stuff is good too, don't pay over the odds though, for a little over £100 you can get one of the Accosato radial master cylinders, a cheaper alternative to Brembo and just as good on my opinion.

A radial master cylinder from the later GSX-R's is a good replacement, alternatively, the later R6/R1 stuff is good too, don't pay over the odds though, for a little over £100 you can get one of the Accosato radial master cylinders, a cheaper alternative to Brembo and just as good on my opinion.

Indeed - put one off (I think) a K5 1000 on mine.

Had to file down the tabs that stop the banjo rotating, to enable HEL adaptor kit to fit at the correct angle, but that was 5 mins with a Dremel

Also had to drill another hole in the reservoir bracket (m/c didn't come with one so reused the K1 one) to move it closer so hose wasn't kinked.

All in all pretty straight forward, and massive improvement (though I did strip & rebuild front calipers at same time so that may have helped :shock: )

Archived