Changing a cam chain tensioner

Chrisball

Im doing a CCT on my mates GSxr K2 tonight, not worked on many Gsxr's so has anyone got any pointers regarding this job?

Fitting an OEM auto tensioner so no need to arse around with a manual one.

Can it be got at from behind the right side fairing or is it tank and airbox off job?

Any info would be great

Chris

remove the tank and airbox as you need to get at it from above. you may find you need to remove the throttle bodies as well but tbh everything is easy to do, i find my gsxr pleasantly easy to work on

Cheers mate, but new cam chain tensioner fitted and the bike sounded alot better. But now the guy has rang me when he had got home and has said the bike wont rev out very well over 7000 rpm! Ive told him to check the secondard throttle valve servo as i had that off. but he says thats all good.

So the only other thing that it could be is while lifting the tank on and off and tipped up it has filled the fuel filter full of shite. Even when we started the bike and the fuel pump primed it sounded to struggle to me and he cant remember ever having the filter changed. So im hoping its the filter! Anybody else any ideas??

Cheers

more likely youve left something unplugged under the tank.just hinge the tank up and have a check, might be the one on the airbox or related to the throttle bodies

Archived