alternate shock???

yamtastic

Aye up all

Does anyone know of any other bikes rear shocks that would fit into my 94 YZF 750? I know various parts are common to other bikes but I'm struggling to find any good info about this.

:wtfmore::(:eusa_dance:

Aye up all

Does anyone know of any other bikes rear shocks that would fit into my 94 YZF 750? I know various parts are common to other bikes but I'm struggling to find any good info about this.

:D:icon_salut::icon_salut:

Hiya,

How long is the YZF shock?

i've got an exup and a ThunderAce shock kicking around i can measure up for you tomorrow.

Do you know the dimensions of the YZF shock?

iirc, the exup top bush is wider on the exup than the Ace, both take 10mm bolts, the bottom mounting is a fork, 30mm wide, 12mm bolt.

yes please!

Any measuring up would be great and I'll try to find out what the standard length shock is, it looks like I have an ohlins off something else fitted! as its a bit long and fouling the frame on full extension!! I'll get measurements and numbers off the shock tonight and see if I can sort something out.

Ta for the help :icon_salut:

A 1998 R1 shock has the wrong type of fittings for the YZF750. You need something with an eye at the top and a clevis at the bottom. Probably 30mm across both (or perhaps 38-40mm across the top and 30mm across the botom).

1990/91 exup shock;

~340mm long

top eye mount 46mm wide, 10mm bolt

bottom fork mount 30mm wide, 12mm bolt

ThunderAce shock;

~340mm long

top eye 30mm wide, 10mm bolt

bottom fork mount 30mm wide, 12mm bolt

Looking at the RaceTech website

the YZF750 shock spring is 7.8kg/mm

exup spring is 6.8kg/mm

Ace shock 8.8kg/mm