swingarm bearings

paul8899

Hello,

got an 07 r6 swingarm that I'm going to fit into my mito and I have to reduce the width of the mounting point.

The way I am thinking of doing it is to machine the lip off the inside ( the bearing stop ) , machine it down to the desired width, make up new bearing holders and push them into the bearing surface thats left and re-fit some bearings.

Or I could machine the bore away and make up 2 bushes that would take the bearings. This would mean I could use the standard size bearings but would take a bit longer to do

If I go with the first way I would need some smaller roller bearings, does anyone know of anywhere I can order them online ?

Thanks

Try and find an NSK parts list, that should let you know what is/isn't available.

Can I ask what the arm is accross the pivot (so width of frame required)...and any idea of the length and weight? Sorry have to pounce when someone has done some measuring!

Try and find an NSK parts list, that should let you know what is/isn't available.

Can I ask what the arm is accross the pivot (so width of frame required)...and any idea of the length and weight? Sorry have to pounce when someone has done some measuring!

No problem, the arm is about 247mm wide, the weight is about 8kg and the distance between pivot point and the middle of the adjuster is 585mm ( please note all measurements are ish )

Archived