Rattling pads in tokico 6 pots srad related

matbmx100

Hi Guys

Just a quick one, on my new to me srad ive noticed that the pads are rattling slightly in the calipers.

I can hear it when riding at low speed and can move them slightly in the caliper when stopped they seem to be braking as normal but just have a little bit of play in them is this normal? Just to reiterate the brakes seem to working well still

I dont know what pads they are but im assuming they are aftermarket and therefore slightly the wrong shape?

Thanks matt

had this my self,could be the pad backing,or worn disk bobbins pushing the pads apart,causing them to rattle.or the calipers have wear each side of the pads edge,winter corrosion.

no worries,as long as it brakes ok.

My 6R does the same and it is annoying as fuck in low speed traffic, everytime you brake "click" (not head bearings as I just replaced those)

Cheers guys

I think its all good just a bit odd i think si's prob right and it might just be the calipers worn slightly, in answer fran its done about 30k so has a few under its belt.

Glad its not just mine thats doing it, mate has a brand new set of pads so i might stick them in with new pins just to be sure

thanks guys

Matt

My 6R does the same and it is annoying as fuck in low speed traffic, everytime you brake "click" (not head bearings as I just replaced those)

If you've just changed the head bearings then they are more likely than ever to click as they are slowly bedding in and need a tighten or two.

My 6R has 4 pot tokicos with a bit of wear on the calipers. Same audible annoying clicking as you have. I glue a sliver of lorry curtain to the leading edge of the pads and now there's no more clicking. ;)

Archived