Lightweight batteries

SamB

Hmm, I'm definitely interested but I'd want the assembly 'kit' like in the magazine this month. The SP2 battery is a bit of a monster so I'm interested in knocking a few kilos off for £100.

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm, I'm definitely interested but I'd want the assembly 'kit' like in the magazine this month. The SP2 battery is a bit of a monster so I'm interested in knocking a few kilos off for £100.

I'm high interested too...but will the 8cell setup is good for 1000cc v-twin????

I know it's cheating, but I don't trust myself with fine electronics, so I bought a lightweight battery. It's a Speed Cell SBK. It's 8 lithium Ion Ferrous cells and it weighs 700 grams instead of the OEM 4,700grams. I've had it for a little over a year, and it starts every time. The longest I've left it is a month, and it might turn over for 3 seconds or more then. When I ride for even 5 minutes, it fully charges up, and starts instantly. The downside is it cost US$250, which isn't much more than a Yuasa. I bought it from here if anyone's interested...

http://www.motowheels.com/ITALIAN/myProduc...amp;collection=

R1bits015.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this is Mark White from the magazine's friend but this is an australian guy who made up some delrin plates for his a123 cell battery pack.

linky poo

Theres also an email link for an american guy who apparently makes the frames to order a little further down. May be of some use to some people.

If you ordered a dewalt pack and some frames from the american guy you'd have a battery for a bit over 100 quid.

Thread is a few months old mind.

Having them in a frame means you can check and charge if you wanted the cells individually.

Does anyone know if there is any truth to the whole battery memory stuff you get with lithium batteries in phones and stuff? Is it the same with a123 cells?

anyhow cheers

martin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiise from your grave.........................

Would a couple of these, wired in series, do the trick on an IL4 600, or does it need 4.6Ah? :icon_salut:

if you bought 2 and ran them in series ie pos of one to the neg of the other then the spare leeds to the pos and neg of your bike then that would give 13.2v the amps wouldn't change but they give a massive whack in cca so i think it would be a case of suck it and see.

does anyone have the info on the batteries so i can make a couple of mounts on my cnc machine?

Archived