Stuck swingarm pivot bolt!

DocJohn

I've only just seen this thread .... :pokeit:

Anyhoo , if anyone else is having trouble with seized in shafts etc. I picked up some freezer disassembly stuff years ago , never needed it of course , but the idea is it freezes the part thereby allowing the lube to soak in and I think the shock of the freeze helps loosen it.

Can't be arsed to go to garage and try and find it , but I think it was made by Wurth ?

I've only just seen this thread .... :wacko:

Anyhoo , if anyone else is having trouble with seized in shafts etc. I picked up some freezer disassembly stuff years ago , never needed it of course , but the idea is it freezes the part thereby allowing the lube to soak in and I think the shock of the freeze helps loosen it.

Can't be arsed to go to garage and try and find it , but I think it was made by Wurth ?

I`ll be honest...... its wank!!

Never used one that actually worked. Sorry dude, just had to say it.

Rob

I have...taking a pressed (and we think glued) gear off a shaft a few years back - it took a blowtorch on the outside, freezer spray up the inside of the shaft, and a ten ton press to shift the fucker, and it made a hell of a bang when it moved.

if anyone else is having trouble with seized in shafts

Fnarr.

the idea is it freezes the part thereby allowing the lube to soak in and I think the shock of the freeze helps loosen it.

Fnarr.

In context, fnarr.

it took a blowtorch on the outside, freezer spray up the inside of the shaft, and a ten ton press to shift the fucker, and it made a hell of a bang when it moved.

I'll say it again: fnarr!!!

Never used one that actually worked. Sorry dude, just had to say it.

Rob

Fairy snuff !

As I said , I've never used it , but it seemed like a good idea.

Maybe that's why , when I tried Googleing it , I couldn't find it .

Archived