• Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hmmmm, this looks to be going the way of most vj22 engined projects;

Money%20down%20the%20drain.jpg

:ph34r:

*ahem* clicky! :D

So hes abandoned us and gone onto facebook.

Fonty... No the budget is still OK.. Just a shame about the shattered powervalve on one cyllinder.

Only posted on Farcebook due to some guy giving me crap, trolling and copying my posts to his solicitor so he can get out of paying me a shit load of money... As per my post today.. So if i got the £12,000 he owes.. I would have this bike done next week and enough money to buy a real 250cc racebike...

OK.. A quick up date and picture whoring session...

img2193h.jpg

dsc8932.jpg

dsc8934.jpg

img0173i.jpg

img0181nx.jpg

img0183kh.jpg

img0184bb.jpg

img0188vb.jpg

So as you can see I am in the process of making a monocoque seat unit in a Thorsten Stylee... Will be made in carbon when I get the seat finished and a mould made...

• 1 month later...

Still got loads to do but after a quick weight check last night the bike weighed in at 121Kg with the really heavy seat unit which is full of car body filler and steel sub frame bonded in to it... A rough estimate for that is 8 to 10KG !! I have estimated if I went the whole 9 yards and had light weight wheels as well as full carbon I can get the bike down to 102Kg in track day/ race trim.

Here are a few pictures of the bike just before it is sent to have the bodywork moulded up..

img2714w.jpg

img2712.jpg

img2708i.jpg

img2705.jpg

img2702.jpg

Now this is keeping a bike narrow.... Look how much room there is either side of the forks...

img2715c.jpg

Hope you like the shape.....

• 2 weeks later...

Just mocked up a quick pic to even the bikes colour out to look black. (sort of, I did say I did it quickly!).

img2707f.jpg

I hope the first sets will be made in a week or two.. Full Pre-preg carbon lightness.. Woo Hoo..

I have also got a battery pack sorted for it and for a laugh I tried it to see if it would fire up the R1. It did.. I have now got a local company to make them into packs for me and they will be encased in carbon too.. I know carbon is a conductor of electricity so the outer surfaces will be sealed with a super thin layer of pre-preg glass fibre too. These will be on sale soon too.. This one was a 2.3Ah battery but there will be 5Ah, 7.5Ah and 10Ah batteries too and all will be diode protected so they balance charge perfectly on the bike. Most are not diode protected and I want to make sure mine are the best possible spec.

I am curious how you can use just diodes to ensure balance charging.

Dont ask me.. I have just spoken to the supplier who has said it needs diode porotection and we need to make sure the cells all balance charge. I was hoping to just get them welded together but they said they would not touch them unless they were protected and done to ensure balanced charging. I did the same as almost everyone else and just soldered the cells together to test them. Once I knew they had the power (sorry for the pun) to start the bike I took them to the company who I trust the most. I can do most things but when I need an expert I do find people I know who will make sure the stuff is 100% correct. I will find out more next week but they are making my packs up and I know they are not just welded together like most on sale.

Just looked up diode protection and it is to do with charging and reverse voltage between cells, I know a Schottky Diode was mentioned but beyond that I am lost.

looks like 4 "D" batteries taped together!

It does.... But it was just to prove it works... I never thought it would work to be honest so when it did I had Haystack video it. Then when Levo and Tanuki came over had to do it again.. I was surprised it had enough umph to start it from cold...

Nice looking RS, i too have the tyga gp style exhausts on my RS250 and they'll never hold without brackets at the rear. Something you may need to address.

Nice looking RS, i too have the tyga gp style exhausts on my RS250 and they'll never hold without brackets at the rear. Something you may need to address.

I have run them without brackets on the road for a few miles and they seem to be OK but then never seen them move when I am riding..LOL. I have looked at making them mounts on the exhaust more sturdy to allow me to try and run without brackets, but if I do need them I can make up some carbon mounts to attach to the undertray.

in the second picture at the start of the thread what fairing is that.

Not 100% sure. I think it could be a modified Suzuki Tyga fairing. I know I had to photoshop the picture a bit if you look at the seat unit in the pic you can see where I had to clone the image to lower the seat unit as it was pointing up to the sky!

I also tried Si Likes Guiness's spare Honda fairing but it didnt fit round the radiator and would have been a pain to fit. That was why I went with the BBRT fairing as it has more room inside.

Just keep making bits... I seem to have a problem.. Now I have wrapped the swing arm with a special moulding was sheet so I can make carbon fibre swing arm protection... Next will be the other side and then the frame..

img0282q.jpg

I know I want a full carbon tank.. But now have some Carbon tank protectors made... What do you think?

img0177fo.jpg

img0176xc.jpg

awsum!!! looking real good bro! when you heading up to scotland? is that still on the cards? :icon_blackeye:

Thanks.....

It is yes.. I did go up but it was a mad rush... I have to go up again to get the bodywork when it is done.. Have a few other things lined up too.... Carbon wheels is one possible project....

Archived