Unofficial P3 Project.

morepower

Looking good Rich, Burning Blood fairing suits the frame well and the "pedrosa" seat looks good too.

Hope all go's well for friday

Mat.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking good Rich, Burning Blood fairing suits the frame well and the "pedrosa" seat looks good too.

Hope all go's well for friday

Mat.

Cheers Mat... still a lot of work to do... but looks like I can get it done if I have no hold ups..... still some cutting to do too... but I think it is looking better than I expected too.......

If you dont mind me asking as its a track bike why the choice of Bridgstone rubber over other brands (freebie?).

Look forward to see your colours of choice, Air Italia?

One last thing the gap between front fairing gap and mudgaurd is that the same as oem?

Great project :mellow:

:shock: bit deffensive arnt we mate ;) how many bits are we allowed to bolt on? my nsr was exhausts and box.and i know now you can do the wire splice on nsr's for nothing :mellow: so an nsr can bang 60 plus bhp with the splice and exhausts,proven.i know you cant do that with a set of pipes on an rgv.there are peaple on this site that have dyno evidence as well,so thats the last im posting about it,apart from wait and see what my nsr knocks out bhp wise when ive finished bolting more bits on ;) dont take offence as its friendly banter mate :D me and rich spoke yesterday and were having a laugh about it

Feel free to post a dyno chart. I would be interested to see.

If you dont mind me asking as its a track bike why the choice of Bridgstone rubber over other brands (freebie?).

Look forward to see your colours of choice, Air Italia?

One last thing the gap between front fairing gap and mudgaurd is that the same as oem?

Great project :lol:

The Bridgestones are just because I know how they feel and I am used to them. This makes it easier to set up the bike too. No not freebies this time.. I need to guarentee some magazine space for freebies... So if PB want to cover this bike feel free to call me I could do with a few more things to blag...lol.

Not sure about paintwork yet. P3 colours may be used or I may do something a bit more like the Air Italia. The picture from the front has too much of a gap as this was while we were getting it lined up and still sorting out where to put the fairing to make it work. It is lower now but does look higher than stock for now as I still have to measure up the front of the bike to get the front height set as the forks are about 30mm longer than the stock ones.

Thanks guys I want to do a budget project as the GSXR really had to prove a point how how far a stock bike could be improved but still be reliable and not a tuned SuperSport 600.

Dave I am not sure about burping a worm but he was burping something (dead rodents possibly) and it was really unpleasant most of the evening!

I've always wanted an RS125, never did get one and still regret it.

Didi you see the Rs257 and RS500 project in the same thread in 2 stroke chat....

I've always wanted an RS125, never did get one and still regret it.

Didi you see the Rs257 and RS500 project in the same thread in 2 stroke chat....

i will agree that those two projects are mint, the rs500 might be getting into a magazine soon.. but this rs250 is something else i really like the bodywork, an alitalia paint scheme might look good on it, that's the colour scheme im going for on my bike when it gets finished

Not wanting to make you do something silly Cibbers but when I was racing I happend to do a meeting up at 3 sisters (needed a 4th signature and a top 50% finish to get my national licence). The was a guy beating almost everything round there on a Honda RS125 chassis bike with an RM250 motor bolted into it! OK Kart track and not too fast but handling and corner speed made that thing almost unbeatable there... Looked like real fun too...

Not wanting to make you do something silly Cibbers but when I was racing I happend to do a meeting up at 3 sisters (needed a 4th signature and a top 50% finish to get my national licence). The was a guy beating almost everything round there on a Honda RS125 chassis bike with an RM250 motor bolted into it! OK Kart track and not too fast but handling and corner speed made that thing almost unbeatable there... Looked like real fun too...

Just put this bottle on the floor ,then jump really high and land on it with both feet......Get it done

Cheers guys.... Well it lives and is only lacking a screen at the moment. It was ordered but didn't arrive in time. Will post up some pics from Mallory tomorrow. But it all fits and the next job after tomorrow will be to get the subframe and fairing mount remade in alloy. Then see about getting the seat finished off with a bit of extra fibreglass to make it neater then have a mould made to replicate it all if needed. Not bad for just over 3 days work......

Not sure what paint job to do...... Seems Alitalia is fave at the moment..

no air italia rich go for a proper aprillia rsw 250 gp bike scheme

I will second this. if yo are going to do a 250 rep and its an aprilia then you know the only right thing to do is a 250 gp rep

Will post up some pics from Mallory tomorrow.

now now now now now now now now.........

:tumbleweed::icon_blackeye::icon_bounce::icon_bounce::icon_bounce:

now now now now now now now now.........

:getmecoat::eusa_dance::icon_bounce::icon_bounce::icon_bounce:

Mallory didn't go according to plan for the RS............ ill let rich explain that 1 :getmecoat:

OK picture first......

dsc2075.jpg

Not a great picture...

The bike was sorted and run up in the paddock. Sounded really crisp and I was looking forward to my first session even though it was on a brand new front tyre.... Lined up on the put lane and as soon as I set off the bike felt like it was holding back... Got one lap in trying to clear the engine and just didnt want to run over 8000 rpm. So on the way back to the paddock after one lap I went to pull in and half way down the back straight at a slow speed the bike locked up! Seems the power valve in at least one cylinder has shit its self! So now going to get it sorted and go back again as soon as I can. But hopefully after Fahron has sorted out anything that needs doing...

On a plus note.. I did get down to consistant 1.04's in traffic and down to 1.02's when I got the odd clear lap on the R1 and didnt get overtaken all day in the Inters group (Adam was riding the R1 too so he had the fast group space). So not a total waste but as Adam said not actually gone to plan and I now know I have the pace to go out and run well in the fast group. Not ridden at mallory for 2 years so didn't expect to do too well....

dsc2182.jpg

Will post up an update on the bike and the motor tomorrow.... Hope to get a few more pics outside of the bike before I strip it down again.....

Crap news about the nip up there Rich. I bet you had 2 fingers on the clutch ready for it though. :lol:

I like your new Starsky and Hutch lid though. :thumbsup:

Thats bad news Rich, was looking forward to a succesful update.

Sounds like p/v pins might have disintegrated, common problem.

Hope you get it all sorted, if you need a hand with anything drop me a line

Mat.

Thats bad news Rich, was looking forward to a succesful update.

Sounds like p/v pins might have disintegrated, common problem.

Hope you get it all sorted, if you need a hand with anything drop me a line

Mat.

Cheers guys.. It should have been straight forward.. Keep the motor stock and sort out the cycle parts and bodywork first... But like anything... fate deals a blow that slows down the project..... I will be opening up the motor today and see how much damage there is.

Thanks Mat... A few tips from someone who has built one of these motors would be good....

Archived