Unofficial P3 Project.

morepower

cheap as chips then. i wish i could shocks like that at such a low price.

I know it is not a cheap shock. I know the Bitubo stuff works out the box and as this is my own personal bike I want to have it work as well as possible. I want to try and get some of my pace back on track and if I know the bike handles then I just need to ride the thing.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lets face it 70+ BHP means new rings every 150 to 200 miles.... So get some miles under the wheels and get it working before adding more power.....

Looking at what happened in 250 2t proddy racing getting 70+bhp out of an RGV/RS requires a small miracle and whacky fuel.

A mate of mine has (had, he races an RGV250 vj23 now) an Aprilia making 69.xx on the same dyno Steve's NSR makes 74bhp but that was a full on race tune (i.e. engine in bits after every race weekend) and a couple of other RS/RGV's have made good power but they all ran proper leaded race fuel or 100% Avgas and still ate themselves on a regular basis.

Also the gearbox appears to be made from a particularly soft brand of chocolate.

There's currently a challenge up on the RGV forum for vj21/vj22 builders; your motor has to make more go (area under the graph) than the blue trace here (it's the 56bhp one, ignore the overall power levels that's a DynoPro dyno, a mid 90's TZ doesn't make 70bhp there, low 60's bhp is what the bike realistically makes) which is Mark Jordan's land speed record holding KR1S and then the bike has to beat Mark's race KR1S's single lap time and average race time (at least 8 laps) around Cadwell, rider choice is free.

Once done you then have to publish the spec of your motor (it's to encourage race entries ya see, general thought on the RGV forum is the RGV/RS is no match for what's out there in F400).

The prize is £500.

The challenge was originally to beat Mark's KR1S race bike curve, but general consensus from those that build these bikes was that was utterly unachieveable, however the lowering of the engine requirements helps little as the lap time (1.39.05 round Cadwell) and overall race time requirement still stands though the RS chassis is far better than the KR1S.

So, build this rocket RS, put someone very fast on it and claim your £500!

ive a good story about the aprilia horsepower for you all.iwas mates with shaun who used to run r&s performance dyno in worksop,well one day an aprilia rs race bike was on the dyno,and it was pretty much like fontyyy's mates,kit cdi,carbs,cylinders etc basicaly tuned to fook.it made 57bhp i think.shaun said i know of an nsr that makes more,matey says yeah yeah shitty import,it get a phone call and blast over.chucked it on the dyno and 62bhp :eusa_dance: thats with just the hrc loom/box and some dogfight exhausts.prilla gets wheeled in van and leaves with me saying,its not bad for a shitty import is it :beerchug:

Looking at what happened in 250 2t proddy racing getting 70+bhp out of an RGV/RS requires a small miracle and whacky fuel.

A mate of mine has (had, he races an RGV250 vj23 now) an Aprilia making 69.xx on the same dyno Steve's NSR makes 74bhp but that was a full on race tune (i.e. engine in bits after every race weekend) and a couple of other RS/RGV's have made good power but they all ran proper leaded race fuel or 100% Avgas and still ate themselves on a regular basis.

Also the gearbox appears to be made from a particularly soft brand of chocolate.

There's currently a challenge up on the RGV forum for vj21/vj22 builders; your motor has to make more go (area under the graph) than the blue trace here (it's the 56bhp one, ignore the overall power levels that's a DynoPro dyno, a mid 90's TZ doesn't make 70bhp there, low 60's bhp is what the bike realistically makes) which is Mark Jordan's land speed record holding KR1S and then the bike has to beat Mark's race KR1S's single lap time and average race time (at least 8 laps) around Cadwell, rider choice is free.

Once done you then have to publish the spec of your motor (it's to encourage race entries ya see, general thought on the RGV forum is the RGV/RS is no match for what's out there in F400).

The prize is £500.

The challenge was originally to beat Mark's KR1S race bike curve, but general consensus from those that build these bikes was that was utterly unachieveable, however the lowering of the engine requirements helps little as the lap time (1.39.05 round Cadwell) and overall race time requirement still stands though the RS chassis is far better than the KR1S.

So, build this rocket RS, put someone very fast on it and claim your £500!

Seen the original challenge but thought it had gone off on a tangent..... But have a fairly quick rider I can use..lol He is 4th in the BSB Superstock 1000 championship.... Will he do???

Power wise I know trying to get too much can mean you end up with less overall. I know Fahron's engines have very good power too as I had one of his 350LC yams that was clocked at 169mph at the TT and finished 3rd in the F2 class that year. His 250LC motors are close to 50bhp.

So what is the single lap time and the 8 lap time?? may have a go at this challenge.

(edit ) Doh....just saw the single laptime.

Not at all one eyed or biased are you Fontyy? :beerchug: 65RWHP is easy for an RGV/RS with just bolt on bits, running pump fuel on stock jetting.

My VJ22 RGV was a standard engine with just Tyga pipes and a rejet, it did 62BHP on the dyno.

A fresh engine, correctly adjusted powervalves and pipes does wonders.

Alex.

i think your in dream land mate,my rgv didnt do that and neither did my mates

Lucky we don't know you or your mates then innit? B) . This is on our local low reading dyno jet, and before you start on about the dynapro etc etc balh blah blah , a 09 spec gixer 1000 superbike, that had been quoted as 'over 200HP' in a few magazines read 182HP on this dyno.

You can see the 'cold case' figure was a bit higher.

rs2508-9000dip-1.jpg

Power-valve adjustment is normally the first thing that any RGV/RS needs to have checked (from my limited experience) Most are set-up all to c**k and even following the steps in the workshop manual isn't a guarantee that they'll be spot-on.

Stock pipes are 'junk', unless you want to keep a machine looking original, but most pipes only come with 'guide' settings and need to be set-up properly (by someone who knows what they're doing...)

G B)

i'm not starting a bhp war B) i was just saying about our expirience with the rgv's,ours were nice and healthy and looked after as weve always had 2 strokes.ive had a root round and found my first dyno sheet for my nsr sp,cant find the other but the peak was the same IMG.jpg

Hi Morepower,

Any chance you want to sell the old RS shock ?

Cheers

Mat.

Make me an offer.....

i'm not starting a bhp war :tacheemoticonwh7: i was just saying about our expirience with the rgv's,ours were nice and healthy and looked after as weve always had 2 strokes.ive had a root round and found my first dyno sheet for my nsr sp,cant find the other but the peak was the same IMG.jpg

Ah, wish Sean was still on the go. Real local to me and would of been a big help with the set up on my NC project.

what the hells going on between 8/9.5k , or is that what all RGV/RS are like :icon_blackeye:

That was basicly the owner still partialy subscribing to the old 'kit' spec of a high barrel(1.4mm base gasket) I'll be able to show more if all goes well tomorrow. :D

:lol: bit deffensive arnt we mate ;) how many bits are we allowed to bolt on? my nsr was exhausts and box.and i know now you can do the wire splice on nsr's for nothing :icon_salut: so an nsr can bang 60 plus bhp with the splice and exhausts,proven.i know you cant do that with a set of pipes on an rgv.there are peaple on this site that have dyno evidence as well,so thats the last im posting about it,apart from wait and see what my nsr knocks out bhp wise when ive finished bolting more bits on ;) dont take offence as its friendly banter mate :D me and rich spoke yesterday and were having a laugh about it

Sod it... going to get the motor tuned to hell get a nice Motec M400 (with det counter, Lambda, fully mapped ignition and electronic power jet control, multiple powervalve maps and traction control) as I know where one is sitting on a bike of dubious design and run Elf Moto 124 the 124 octane race fuel with a one off Dyson gearbox just for a laugh... May cost more than the £500 prize but will not be forgotten in a hurry...lol

thats the fuel we were on about rich,bloody stuff nearly knocks you out when you breath it in :icon_salut:

Yep!!! It melts visors and makes your eyes run too when you follow too close too.... One way of keeping people out of the way!!

so an nsr can bang 60 plus bhp with the splice and exhausts,proven.i know you cant do that with a set of pipes on an rgv.

My VJ22 RGV was a standard engine with just Tyga pipes and a rejet, it did 62BHP on the dyno.

:eusa_whistle::eusa_think:

Alex.

where do you get this race fuel from?

Here is where all types of wonderful fuels can be sourced....

Elf Fuel on the Atol Fuels site.

you would need to tune the motor to get the best effect of the fuel and dont worry about storing issues legal wise,i used to have avgas all over the place :D

Tonight I are be mostly.......

Putting the Kawasaki front end into the Aprilia... Getting a seat unit put onto a cut down subframe. Trying to fit up the new fairing.....

Still a bit of work to do.... but need to be done for tomorrow night as Friday is its first run at mallory.....

img2145x.jpg

img2146l.jpg

img2147c.jpg

img2148o.jpg

img2150r.jpg

img2151yy.jpg

Still on target to finish the build in less than 5 days of working on it.... only thing that will be left to do hopefully after friday will be to remake the seat subframe in alloy and then a small amount of glassing then paint.. I have spent about 2 1/2 days so far....

Photos...part 2

img2152.jpg

img2154q.jpg

img2155hg.jpg

img2156x.jpg

img2157t.jpg

img2158a.jpg

Archived