Unofficial P3 Project.

morepower

certainly not the ones in the publicity shots of the monstrosity bike so possibly more than just the RSW fairing was juggled about by Rich. :thumbsup:

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hi rich the fairing looks alright on the prilla,shows the size diference between the nsr and the aprilia though,as it slipped straight onto my sp.

I cant believe how small that fairing makes the Aprillia look

its because that years rsw fairings are long,but the fairing fitted on the nsr easy,so the prilla is clealy bigger than the nsr as it needs chopping and widening to fit the rs

• 2 weeks later...

Yes that looks like a full fat RSA... Nice but way out of my league.. My project is trying to build a full bike for as close to £2000 as possible.. Make it look and work as modern as possible plus let me have the 2 smoker I have wanted for a long time..

If you can pick up an RS250 cheaply then I think it is the best base to start from. Better chassis than the RGV although heavier. More choice of modern rubber too... the post 98 model is best but if you are making some changes with the front end like mine then any year will do.. I hope to have the body work done and the mounts made so I can replicate them if the bodywork looks good. Will be a cheaper option than the Tyga body work for track use as it will use lightly modified race bodywork that can be bought from a number of sources. Plus one or two of the suppliers would have a carbon option if I wanted to really go for light weight. Not an option with Tyga bodywork.

There are bargains to be found as I paid about £1500 for the bike and selling off the road stuff so far has given me back £550.00 I still have more bits to sell off and I am using the money to help pay for the upgrades to the bike too... So far this has paid for the new pipes and the bodywork! Only have to pay for the yoke stem and fairing mount/rear subframe and rear shock. But I am sure I can still sell off enough to pay for the fairing mount and/or rear subframe.

Well you've inspired me mate that's for sure. If you find anymore of these cheap donor bikes let me know :lol:

I have a little obsession with 125's at some point i might have a look into making myself a gp look a like honda or aprilia. good stuff so far. any more news on that piston coating that ducati uses?

I have a little obsession with 125's at some point i might have a look into making myself a gp look a like honda or aprilia. good stuff so far. any more news on that piston coating that ducati uses?

The piston coating is used by Omega pistons... Not sure if the guy who does the process is going to go public and do it for others or not.. But you may get Omega to coat a piston for you if you talk to them really nicely.

Love to see a GP looking 125 built for either road or trackday. Especially if it is 125cc GP sized!!! Now how cool would that be?

The piston coating is used by Omega pistons... Not sure if the guy who does the process is going to go public and do it for others or not.. But you may get Omega to coat a piston for you if you talk to them really nicely.

Love to see a GP looking 125 built for either road or trackday. Especially if it is 125cc GP sized!!! Now how cool would that be?

well if and when i do a 125 project I may look into getting the piston coated especially when every horsepower counts in the low capacity bikes. yeah I would make a GP looking trackday bike, even better having it 125cc sized i would actually be able to fit in that frame as im pretty small, i wouldn't know what frame to use, is the honda rs125 frame similar to the gp one?

well if and when i do a 125 project I may look into getting the piston coated especially when every horsepower counts in the low capacity bikes. yeah I would make a GP looking trackday bike, even better having it 125cc sized i would actually be able to fit in that frame as im pretty small, i wouldn't know what frame to use, is the honda rs125 frame similar to the gp one?

Replied on your new thread..... Ebay has an RS125 Honda which is poorly listed and best of all cheap at the moment. If you are after maximum power out of the bike get used to setting it up and buy a det counter then talk to Si before you get the low friction coating done. An AIM mychron 3 plus kart (has its own battery pack) would also be a good thing to use as you can run water AND exhaust gas temp to help with jetting and has about an hour of data logging too. They also pop up on ebay from time to time and are quite cheap.

Without wishing to hijack this thread

This is my Suzuki RG125 with RM250 Crosser engine.

Image293.jpg

RS125 A-Kit bodywork

Paint version of the colour scheme

GreyPeril2.jpg

Image294.jpg

Should be good for a laugh when its done, i could put it on the road with a lighting coil

Stands me at £580 so far

Cheers

Chris

Replied on your new thread..... Ebay has an RS125 Honda which is poorly listed and best of all cheap at the moment. If you are after maximum power out of the bike get used to setting it up and buy a det counter then talk to Si before you get the low friction coating done. An AIM mychron 3 plus kart (has its own battery pack) would also be a good thing to use as you can run water AND exhaust gas temp to help with jetting and has about an hour of data logging too. They also pop up on ebay from time to time and are quite cheap.

do you know much about the differences between the two different models. there's a significant price difference between the two models. I will be talking to Si even more since he has told me that he used to own a rs125. thanks for the advice, you may even get a few requests for parts sourcing if you can get any.

Without wishing to hijack this thread

This is my Suzuki RG125 with RM250 Crosser engine.

Image293.jpg

RS125 A-Kit bodywork

Paint version of the colour scheme

GreyPeril2.jpg

Image294.jpg

Should be good for a laugh when its done, i could put it on the road with a lighting coil

Stands me at £580 so far

Cheers

Chris

Please start a thread and put lots of pictures in it, looks awesome!!!

Please start a thread and put lots of pictures in it, looks awesome!!!

I will do at some point mate, i've got hundreds of pictures including too many of my shocking welding (brutal and not pretty but effective).

I'll try and finish it first and then do it retrospectively as everyone would be waiting a long time for updates :P

the thing is,theres a huge gap in performance between a road 125 and a honda rs /yamaha tz 125,they really are world apart

Yeh, I race ss400 and we run with f125 and gp 125's, the fastest f125's can mix with us mid to slow 400's but only thr fastest 70+bhp well ridden 400's can get close to even the slowest gp's their total monsters love to ride one

do you know much about the differences between the two different models. there's a significant price difference between the two models. I will be talking to Si even more since he has told me that he used to own a rs125. thanks for the advice, you may even get a few requests for parts sourcing if you can get any.

Just spotted this, might be of interest? :lol:

now that is very nice and for what it's had done it's pretty good value for money. just getting those forks sorted out is a fair few hundred quid.

Twas wot I fought innit! :lol:

Twas wot I fought innit! :lol:

you have just succeeded in messing up my decision making by putting that bike in front of me. I think I may build myself another aprilia but this time it will have gp style bodywork on it and some trick parts

• 2 weeks later...

OK.. latest update....

New rear shock fitted and while I still have the stock bodywork it got taken out for a quick test.

The shock is a brand new Bitubo rear shock. Adjutable for lenght, preload, rebound damping and high AND low speed compression damping.

img2109us.jpg

img2113g.jpg

img2116b.jpg

img2124k.jpg

img2120k.jpg

img2128r.jpg

Once fitted set up the sag and only had to add about 3mm of preload to the shock and as I like the bike to be quick steering added 5mm of length to the shock length. Took the bike out but had to scrub in a new rear tyre too so had to do a few miles before getting a feel for it..But once warm and tyres scrubbed in a bit the bike turns really well but is not unstable. One corner has a bump that just unsettles the R1 and I need to back off slightly over the bump.. The 'Prilia soaked it up with the throttle pinned! The forks are not great though and as posted up before are due to be swapped.But the bike does feel 100% better with the new rear shock and the only issue is the corner entry where the forks have to do the work but the exit feels totally different.

Got back and have now taken the front end out ready to sort out the Kawasaki front end. Hope to have it done in the next couple of days..

img2129s.jpg

img2131so.jpg

img2132tr.jpg

very nice, out of interest how much was the rear shock?

The retail price is £697.25 for the rear shock. I pulled in a favour as Bitubo helped with the GSXR so I paid about half that. It only lacks the hydraulic preload adjuster which I may add once the body work has been fitted up and I have somewhere to put the adjuster.

The retail price is £697.25 for the rear shock. I pulled in a favour as Bitubo helped with the GSXR so I paid about half that. It only lacks the hydraulic preload adjuster which I may add once the body work has been fitted up and I have somewhere to put the adjuster.

cheap as chips then. i wish i could shocks like that at such a low price.

Archived