What are these?

szrdave

Thanks :shock: She goes in today to get the exhaust bent up for a high (ish) level Art carbon put on her (eGayed from an FZR1000 Genesis). She already sounds awesome :dribble: Thank goodness for my VERY cool MOT tester! I'm trying to find some spare cash down the sofa to get her sprayed up in white at the moment...

Keep up the pics in this - both myself and Stew are tres interested in this project, expecially as I'm now determined to get hold of a DR650 motor from somewhere and spend the rest of the summer thrashing the Goose whilst getting a 650 motor sorted - the target is 50 bhp, much like yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks :) She goes in today to get the exhaust bent up for a high (ish) level Art carbon put on her (eGayed from an FZR1000 Genesis). She already sounds awesome :) Thank goodness for my VERY cool MOT tester! I'm trying to find some spare cash down the sofa to get her sprayed up in white at the moment...

Did you get the can on? Pics?!!

A couple of packages arrived in the post today:

P20-03-10_114403.jpg

From Allens Performance. The only problem is I've got a couple of bits I didn't ask for and I'm missing a couple of bits I need, they've been really helpful with my strange requests so far so I'm sure I can get it sorted out Monday.

P20-03-10_114402.jpg

From bikefarmmv, rear suspension linkage dog bones to raise the tail 40mm.

I've booked Brands Hatch Indy for the 26th of April and was hoping to have the carbs on and set up by then, but getting hold of the Raptor manifolds it proving harder than I expected. I wanted to pick up a cheap second hand set in case they don't fit or need modifying*, but I might have to bite the bullet and buy a new set.

Jobs left to do:

Buy Raptor manifolds

Make adaptor plate to suit carb spacing

Bore out inlet to 33mm

Adapt stock throttle cable stay to fit new carbs

Adapt choke/idle cables and fuel lines to fit

*butchering

Had her MOTd today. The blew a fork seal on the way back to the PO to get it taxed. Fuck you Coventry City Council.

This video barely does the can justice, but you get the idea...

HID light is epic!

I rate Allens Performance - really helpful when I rebuilt the Goose carb and suggested some jets for the setup etc. Top guys (and I wasn't spending much, lets be honest...). Keep the updates flowing :)

the goose looks like a nice bit of kit, are the motors fragile as there was someone on 400GB who had one and it kept lunching the top end :)

I bought a spare one (which I sold on) which had lunched the top end, but it looked like the muppet I bought it off had let it run low on oil. They're DR350 engines, so keep the oil clean and the valve clearances right and it'll run forever. Like most things, I suppose.

She's testing me at the moment though - one fork seal is refusuing to get over the top bush mount (not the bush itself)

She's testing me at the moment though - one fork seal is refusuing to get over the top bush mount (not the bush itself)

Sorted it yet?

If not a bit of cling film covered in red rubber grease might help...

Sorted it. Steamed the bugger. Shame the other side still leaks. Grrr... got some good photos for the website though :thumbsup: I'll be redoing it this week. The ride out yesterday morning made it all worthwhile (even thought right handers were wobbly!). Epic noise. EPIC!!!!!

I hate doing usd fork seals, they're a pain in the arse. The only thing worse is having to do one again!

The goose sounds lovely in the vid you posted, a lot free-er revving than the SZR. There are some good videos on youtube of people riding them up and down mountain roads in japan :)

I fitted the jack-up kit last weekend, now my knees fit inside the cut-outs in the tank :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

It was going quite well for a while. The carbs have been cleaned out and rebuilt, I bought a set of Raptor intake manifolds which are the same diameter as the carbs, and I've taken all the measurements I need for the adaptor plate.

I just need to get a couple of carb parts swapped over by Allens Performance, and draw the adaptor plate and get it made.

In the mean time one of the L/H footrest mounting bolts has sheared off flush with the frame, the primary drive gear has come slightly loose on the end of the crank and the headlight internals have rattled loose :icon_bounce:

• 6 months later...

Archived