grease

markw

hi all,

as you may remember from previous thread my k2 1000 is in peices undergoing a winter clean up / sort out,

im sure there is a previous discussion but what grease should i be using for shock linkages, head bearings and wheel bearings , i have always used copper grease for everything but never sure if its the best.....?

cheers

mark

surely thats for quiet nights in the garage on your own and not to be wasted on the bike.......oops cats out of the bag..!!

surely thats for quiet nights in the garage on your own and not to be wasted on the bike.......oops cats out of the bag..!!

You're right, but don't call me Shirley.

Really I think you want some Lithium Molybdenum [LM] grease for bearings, linkages etc and all that kind of shizzle. Well, that's what I've always used.

Get a big tub from Halfrauds http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...tegoryId_165705

You're right, but don't call me Shirley.

Really I think you want some Lithium Molybdenum [LM] grease for bearings, linkages etc and all that kind of shizzle. Well, that's what I've always used.

Get a big tub from Halfrauds http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...tegoryId_165705

thanks shirley.........!!!!

hi all,

as you may remember from previous thread my k2 1000 is in peices undergoing a winter clean up / sort out,

im sure there is a previous discussion but what grease should i be using for shock linkages, head bearings and wheel bearings , i have always used copper grease for everything but never sure if its the best.....?

cheers

mark

Never never ever use copper "grease" as a grease, it's only a anti-seize compound, with limited use due to galvanic corrosion issues.

Use one of the above mentioned ones

Ronni

cheers ronni,

so does anyone use copper grease..?

i presume use Lithium Molybdenum for everything on bike

have to be honest i hav always used copper grease that is until i go to halfords tomorrow...!

mark

cheers ronni,

so does anyone use copper grease..?

i presume use Lithium Molybdenum for everything on bike

have to be honest i hav always used copper grease that is until i go to halfords tomorrow...!

mark

For brake calipers and cylinders you need Red Rubber Grease

Get a bit of diesel grease slapped all over it. It'll never rust, never move, suitable for all temperatures and will make ya bike look shite.

I use a Weldtite teflon based grease for my bike bearings. Its red which means it adds 10hp across the pub banter range. Also available from Halfords but upstairs in the push iron section.

Silicone grease is the officially recommended lubricant ( by Yamaha , anyway ) and it works a fookin treat !

I'm a cheapskate and just use brake fluid and clean them more often.

iv got the ultimate grease at work,carnt remember wot it is at the mo,but when you use it,its water proof,and actualt sticks to the part you are greaseing,get it on your hands,and you are fucked,its like bloody treakle syrip,we use it at work,on heigh load bearings,and it dynermite,we strip components,that have been jet washed for 12 moon,and the shit still hanging in there.

iv got the ultimate grease at work,carnt remember wot it is at the mo,but when you use it,its water proof,and actualt sticks to the part you are greaseing,get it on your hands,and you are fucked,its like bloody treakle syrip,we use it at work,on heigh load bearings,and it dynermite,we strip components,that have been jet washed for 12 moon,and the shit still hanging in there.

Sounds like vandil grease as used on some drain pipes to stop people climing up them. ^_^

This is that stuff for food factories isn't it? I can't remember the name either but I have "borrowed" some in the past for winter bike protection purposes. It took a lot of degreaser, pressure washing, hot water, elbow grease and swearing to remove. Did the business though, bike was shiny underneath.

Used to use some stuff , I think it was called Newtons Chainglide , on old non-sealed chains.

Really was like Gorilla snot , **** to a blanket etc.

Came out the tube like treacle , but boy did it last !

Sounds like the stuff Speedysie mentioned .

So what's the best stuff to bung round my Tokico 6 pots to stop them getting sticky ?

So what's the best stuff to bung round my Tokico 6 pots to stop them getting sticky ?

A cardboard box; keep them in the back of the garage after you've replaced them with 4 pots.

Archived