GSX-R1000 K5 14.5k service

originalracingsnake

Just booked mine in for one. Anyone had this service done?

I know it want the valve clearances doing, and TB balance, anything else major?

It is going to have Venhill brake lines fitted, so fresh fluid is going in.

Just looking for reassurance after haivng a mare with the likes of Fowlups in Brizzle and GW in Swindon. Even my local place in Ciren have a bad attitude, enough to make me avoid them.

So I'm giving a Bristol business a chance.

Jesus i read that title wrong... :tumbleweed:

"What service can possibly cost £14.5k????"

As you were... ;)

EDIT:

To make my post abit useful, From what I can find on the internet it would be a regular... plugs, oil, filter etc... and the only extra thing is the valve clearances! :) Don't quote me though!

who you trying in briz?

All About Bikes, I know the owner Jase, top bloke and KTM/Ducati freak.

Don't get the hoses fitted. Bring it over to mine and we'll pop 'em on and it'll cost you nowt. (well, might get you to bring some biccies :eusa_whistle: ) Should save a few quid off the cost of the service etc.

Don't get the hoses fitted. Bring it over to mine and we'll pop 'em on and it'll cost you nowt. (well, might get you to bring some biccies :) ) Should save a few quid off the cost of the service etc.

Thanks VERY much! I'm pretty sure the lines are too short tootall, but need a second opinion! If the snow has gone from the street on Sunday, I'll be headed out to you, just to finally meet. We can do the lines anytime. PM me the postcode?

I scored some lovely rearsets on eBay (Waltermoto), so they will be going on on Saturday, no rear brake light switch though... Not sure if it is required for the MOT (which is not until June)?

Yeah I'm afraid that the back brake light is required for an MOT. If you're fitting braided hoses though then its probably easiest to buy a banjo bolt with a built in brake light switch. I think they were about £6 last time I had to get one. As an ex (well sort of still employed sporadically) suzuki employee the only thing I would be told to say to a customer booking a bike in for a 14.5k service is that the bike needs to be stone cold for the valve clearance checks so it's normally easier to drop the bike off the night before but that might not be the case if you have a bit of a journey to get to the dealer... Other than that it should be a pretty routine service.

Yeah I'm afraid that the back brake light is required for an MOT. If you're fitting braided hoses though then its probably easiest to buy a banjo bolt with a built in brake light switch.

Zak to the rescue! Thanks mate, really kind of you to help me out.

I think they were about £6 last time I had to get one.

The price of 4 bottles of good ale then...

As an ex (well sort of still employed sporadically) suzuki employee the only thing I would be told to say to a customer booking a bike in for a 14.5k service is that the bike needs to be stone cold for the valve clearance checks so it's normally easier to drop the bike off the night before but that might not be the case if you have a bit of a journey to get to the dealer... Other than that it should be a pretty routine service.

Jase is collecting the bike from my house on Monday, and then bringing it back 2 days later. It'll be stone cold. ;o)

Thanks for the confirmation.

Looks like you've got every base covered! Wasn't trying to teach the art of sucking eggs btw...

Not at all, ANY advice is good advice when it comes to spanners. :thumbsup:

One more thing to consider before you pull your brakes apart to fit Zaks (probably broken or stolen) part; there's 2 different sizes of thread used on brake banjos, so compare the two once your old one's out, see if they're the same before you go and knacker the thread in the master cylinder/just get annoyed with it.

see if they're the same before you go and knacker the thread in the master cylinder/just get annoyed with it.

Cheers Mr L!

Archived