SRAD 750 rear shock

thorlz

A question for those in the know.

I'm am looking at replacing my rear shock for one with less milage and therefore more spring/damping/life in it (will be off ebay more than likely).

Will any SRAD shock 600/750 fit, or are there differance. Any help will be most welcome

Hi only srad 750s shocks will fit, not 600.

Best thing to do is save up for an öhlins WP

or so on.

If you buy an egay one you'll probably find yourself in the

same boat as you are now.

If you are pretty tall and the shock is ok then raise the rear 25-40mm

it turns quicker then, but make sure its then not to high for you

Keith

K model gsxr's are too short. You can buy bits on ebay that lengthen it (or adjust the ride height) but they aren't cheap, and then you get a shock with a smaller working range.

I know its easy to say, but the best solution is a new standard shock (seen them pretty cheap on the bay), or bite the bullet and get an ohlins etc. Mine is lovely, and is a definite improvement.

www.oldskoolsuzuki.info is your best friend. I believe there is a section on there that tells you the length of your SRAD shock, and what alternatives there are. Head on over and make an enquiry.

Go tyo the left hand side, PP's pages, then suspension, then shock comparison.

I have a K8 750 rear shock on my SRAD 600, get the adaptor on e-gay £50 i think my K8 shock was £80 with 3000miles on it, mint like new, so If my e-gay 750 bargains can work on 600 srad cant see why this combo shouldnt work on yours if your going SRAD750 way.

You have to watch out with the adaptor brackets off ebay mind.

It works fine on the 600, but because the 750 swingarm is braced it fouls the resivoir. Ive not tried it myself, but the K4 shock looks like it might work with the 750 as its resivoir is mounted diagonaly.

• 1 month later...

Woah, Zombie thread!

Anyway, does anybody know if the SRAD 600 shock is any different to a 750, specifically an early one? A mate of mine has a 600 shock in his garage for me to have a play with, but before I start pulling my bike to bits, A: will it fit, B: how much of a ifference, if any, is there in damping and spring rates?

Archived