FZR400/600 HYBRID DYNA COIL FITMENT ADVICE

hybrid400

Hi all,ive got 2 pairs of dyna coils one pair of which im going to fit to one of my fzr400rrsp thundercat engined hybrids.trouble is i dont know which pair to fit.one pair is 2.2 ohm(grey) and the other 3 0hm(green). Both hybrids run the standard fzr400 loom with a fzr600(4jh) ecu and standard thundercat coils.as i stupidly dont have a thundercat manual i dont know what the primary coil resistance is.Ive trawled the internet for some info but to no avail and the dynatek website says that you need to check the primary coil resistance to find the appropriate dynacoil-any ideas? would i need the primary coil resistance for the fzr400,fzr600 or thundercat.it may seem a daft question but i dont want to fry anything in the loom

You just got to measure the primary resistance of the coils already on the bike.., and the dyna coil should be in the same range. Pull off the two wires from the loom the coil and measure directly on the coil connections.

Ronni

You just got to measure the primary resistance of the coils already on the bike.., and the dyna coil should be in the same range. Pull off the two wires from the loom the coil and measure directly on the coil connections.

Ronni

2.2 are the coils you need , primary resistance for a t/cat 1.87 - 2.53 ohms ..............

Archived