98 fireblade

swanny

i've a 98 blade handeling like a shopping trolley does anyone know the standard suspension set up

First things first, tyre pressures. On the road, 36 front 42 rear. Amazing how many people overlook this. Need checking every week too. As for standard settings, I can't rightly remember but Google should yield the answer.

i run my rear at 38 psi or it to stiff, try yur preload at 6? and everything else 1/2 turn out from max, with one ring showing on front forks, the suspenders will be fooked by now anyways

First things first, tyre pressures. On the road, 36 front 42 rear. Amazing how many people overlook this. Need checking every week too.

Good stuff but how can you give that advice with out knowing what tyres he is running? 42 rear would be way too high in a lot of tyres.

If its really bad I doubt the standard shocks have the range to make that much difference, everything is going to be 12 years old now, so maybe its time for a refresh and ensuring bearings are all correct and still in one piece.

Good stuff but how can you give that advice with out knowing what tyres he is running? 42 rear would be way too high in a lot of tyres.

He's asking for standard settings. And, on all 3 of my Blades, on the road, with road tyres, 36 and 42 has seen me right. If it's suddenly handling badly then something's gone wrong and a good mechanic always kicks off by eliminating the obvious and simple stuff.

thanks guys tps 42 & 36 as i always run on road.Bikes hard to turn in then wont hold tight line.when comming off front break forks bounce back fast making bike unstable managable if braking in straight line but if dragging brake into corner once break is released front bounces an loses traction

More rebound damping at the front then, I'd say. Just take a note of your settings, and adjust only 1 thing at a time, so you know what's doing what.

I'd also make sure that you've got the right amount and weight of oil in your forks too.

Archived