Removing Stubborn Grips

Midriff

Hey guys.

Just having a little trouble with removing the GPZ's old heated grips. The plastic tube that forms the heated element of the grip on the left bar seems to be glued on, or at least, it aint going anywhere.

My old man reckons i jus need to destroy the crap out of the plastic tube that forms the heated grip but i was wondering if theres any tip on getting such a stubborn assembly off..

Seems to be on fairly securely.

can you get a flat headed screwdriver under it somehow? give it a slight lift? then fill it with WD40??? ^_^

WD40 will make it a rightmare to glue another grip on. Even after lots of scrubbing there will still be trace.

Got it sorted! Resorted to the trusty old Hack saw and some carefulness on how far i go with it. Finished off peeling the rest off with long nose pliers.

Perfect! Now jus to get that damn throttle sorted and im on the road on my first big bike ^_^

WD40 will make it a rightmare to glue another grip on. Even after lots of scrubbing there will still be trace.

Quick rub down with some brake cleaner will cure that...

I use the Madmike method, blunt screwdriver, squirt of WD then wriggle the screwdriver around the grip and Roberts yer muvvers bruvver :thumbsup:

Quick rub down with some brake cleaner will cure that...

I use the Madmike method, blunt screwdriver, squirt of WD then wriggle the screwdriver around the grip and Roberts yer muvvers bruvver :mellow:

Fiary nuff my bad but i personaly still would'nt use WD40.

Used WD40 before, then brakecleanered to death, job jobbed.... Also a flatblade screwdriver and compressed air if you've got access always works :D

Archived