Helmet Liner Washing

Cibbersicks

With it being winter 'n' all I've decided to give my Arai Viper GT a bit of a service...

New side pods are on the way, as the last two had developed small cracks which where dying to let go any time soon... so they are being replaced. I've recently replaced a chin vent so there's nothing wrong with that.

I've removed the cheek pads and stripped the covers off. Also I've removed the skull cap. They are quite stinky and rather disgusting to be honest after never being washed for approximately 10,000 miles of use...

So now I need a bit of advice... what's the best way to clean the skullcap, cheek pads and covers? i.e. what are the best products and techniques to use?

Also whilst carrying out the job, is there anything else I need to look out for or possibly adjust etc? I have found in the colder weather, the Pinlock insert isn't quite perfect on mine, the R/H side (as you wear it) of the visor mists up when sitting at lights etc, is there anything I can do to combat this?

Thanks

Tom.

I tend to use Johnsons baby shampoo to wash the linings, just wash them in the sink with hot water then give them a good rinse out and stick them in the airing cupboard.

I usually wash the lid itself with the shampoo and a nail brush using the shower head to rinse it. Stick it in the airing cupboard as well to dry.

I tend to use Johnsons baby shampoo to wash the linings, just wash them in the sink with hot water then give them a good rinse out and stick them in the airing cupboard.

I usually wash the lid itself with the shampoo and a nail brush using the shower head to rinse it. Stick it in the airing cupboard as well to dry.

Same here,although you can save a few pence by getting a supermarket own brand baby shampoo.I do mine in the shower(not while I'm having one!)as well as the lid itself as it's a bit easier to rinse the liners with the shower head.

Mostly all of the above for me too.

I don't even bother taking the lining out of my XR1000. Just fill your lid in the shower and keep all the vents open too, you'll be surprised at the amount of dead bug bits and mank that gets flushed out.

Keep flushing 'til the water runs clear, pat the padding dry with a towel, stuff another towel inside the lid and let it dry naturally or in the airing cupboard over night.

Well I followed all the advice on here, plus the advice of John Wakefield on Youtube on how to adjust my visor and I now have an Arai that is good as new. Smells and looks as fresh as a daisy...cheers fellas!

:thumbsup:;)

Tom.

Archived