Honda ATC 70 trike

levo

I have bought a little Honda trike for me and the kids .................going to get it running and then tidy it up

not running at the mo' ,i carn't seem to get a spark and if the wiring is ok

This is what I've got

4223667442_608be79dab_b.jpg

4222901729_c6d0c19129_b.jpg

This has a twin connector one end..............

4222906045_8ff50ed8fd_b.jpg

This plus has a cap over it ,Prolly for lights?

4222905123_ec8104f20e_b.jpg

Plus wiring diagram..........

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/attachment.ph...mp;d=1261634822

I think I have connected it up right but it still won't spark.........help please as the kids have now seen it and want to play.........

Kill switch? safety system?

If all seems ok, and fired up recently, it's probably something silly.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, A lot of use you 'lot' have been...................... :confused::P

I have cleaned up the coil and Cleaned up bracket.

When I earth the generator(black wire to) to a test light I get a flash.

I also get a spark(tbh its not a great one) from the cap with a screw and wire wool( it's hard to pull and hold lead to earth)BUT no spark with a plug

It has had 2 new plugs and a new cap and still no spark.

I can see the points thru' the genny cover but I carn't get the flywheel off to clean /check/replace them

Any ideas...........A coil is £20,A set of points are a £5,condenser £6 and a whole stator inc condensor and points £86 +vat but I want to find out what bits not working as I don't want to spend for the sake of spending IYSWIM

Well, A lot of use you 'lot' have been...................... :):icon_salut:

I also get a spark(tbh its not a great one) from the cap with a screw and wire wool( it's hard to pull and hold lead to earth)BUT no spark with a plug

I can see the points thru' the genny cover but I carn't get the flywheel off to clean /check/replace them

Any ideas...........A coil is £20,A set of points are a £5,condenser £6 and a whole stator inc condensor and points £86 +vat but I want to find out what bits not working as I don't want to spend for the sake of spending IYSWIM

You can check the points gap with the flywheel on. Actually I believe the eccentric is on the flywheel so you have to do it with it installed. Also I would try cleaning the contacts with some brake cleaner first, a little bit of oil from the crank seal will easily foul them.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the flywheel of today (thanks Fontyy for use of puller)

took the points out and cleaned them and sanded the faces clean ,cleaned up flywheel bit of suface rust

put back together........Now no spark at all,tried again after adjusting points ....................NOTHING

I am REALLY PISSED

Simple fucking engine and I carn't fucking repair it ....................

Looks like Ebay...........................................

New points, a condenser, and a HT lead (have you changed the HT lead at all?) are cheap.

Replace them. It is not worth fucking about with them, trust me.

If you do all this, and still no spark... then feel free to do this: ;)

Well, A lot of use you 'lot' have been...................... :thumbsup:;)

Add another £50 to that and you can buy a brand new pitbike engine with complete wiring loom, coil and Cdi.

Alternatively, I've got the remains of a c90 in the shed which still has an old 6v type engine and coil fitted which I think would run with a new 6v battery. I think the kickstart may need attention. Yours for £50.

Archived