cbr 954 swngarm into 924 rr

diogo

hi

I've been loking at the cbr 954 swngarm and it looks kind of similar to that beautifully crafted item from the Sp2, now I've seen that they once a time cames up in egay for a fair price, my doubt is if this conversion is easy to do...

if anyone could please share some light on this subject I would be really appreciated...

cheers and mery christmas to ya all

Diogo

hi

I've been loking at the cbr 954 swngarm and it looks kind of similar to that beautifully crafted item from the Sp2, now I've seen that they once a time cames up in egay for a fair price, my doubt is if this conversion is easy to do...

if anyone could please share some light on this subject I would be really appreciated...

cheers and mery christmas to ya all

Diogo

no one?

:(

Zak, the comparison's not between a 954 and an sp2, it's will a 954 go into a 929, and the swingarms between these 2 look fairly different. To be honest, I'd have a complete guess and say it probably would. The frame certainly looks similar round the swingarm pivot area, and I think the shocks are a straight swap too.

Zak, the comparison's not between a 954 and an sp2, it's will a 954 go into a 929, and the swingarms between these 2 look fairly different. To be honest, I'd have a complete guess and say it probably would. The frame certainly looks similar round the swingarm pivot area, and I think the shocks are a straight swap too.

thx for the input guys...I spoked to a mechanic today that told me that it might be a straight swap, although I read in another forum that the rear shock linkage is diferent than the 929rr...as for the benefits Zak it has to do with added rigidity...

:tumbleweed:

ps: hope you all have a fantastic festivity season

• 2 weeks later...

I bought an Ohlins shock a couple of years back and it was destined for a 929 but I stuck it in a 954 so I can say that it will absolutely positively fit both of them. IIRC the 929 has an extra bolt on bit (about 40-50mm long) which attaches to the top of the shock, other than that there is about 3mm difference in total length between the pair, all other aspects are exactly the same.

In fact I took all the bling bits off my 954 (which is still for sale - kinda :thumbsup: ) and sold the Ohlins shock to one of the folk who visits this parish.

As for the swingarm fitting the frame, well, it should. I say should as I couldn't say for definite. THe 929 and the 954 are essentially one and the same bike (though you wouldn't really know it if you rode standard ones back to back) except for things like the fairing, engine capacity, better injection and the swingarm.

So in essence, shock - yes, swingarm - maybe, probably, perhaps, definitely :eusa_think:

You should be able to get one of eGhey cheap enough, hell, if you're not in too much of a hurry you'll probably pick one up where the postage will cost more than the swingarm itself. If it fits, then jobsagoodn, if it doesn't fit, sling it back on the Bay of E.

I bought an Ohlins shock a couple of years back and it was destined for a 929 but I stuck it in a 954 so I can say that it will absolutely positively fit both of them. IIRC the 929 has an extra bolt on bit (about 40-50mm long) which attaches to the top of the shock, other than that there is about 3mm difference in total length between the pair, all other aspects are exactly the same.

In fact I took all the bling bits off my 954 (which is still for sale - kinda :icon_bounce: ) and sold the Ohlins shock to one of the folk who visits this parish.

As for the swingarm fitting the frame, well, it should. I say should as I couldn't say for definite. THe 929 and the 954 are essentially one and the same bike (though you wouldn't really know it if you rode standard ones back to back) except for things like the fairing, engine capacity, better injection and the swingarm.

So in essence, shock - yes, swingarm - maybe, probably, perhaps, definitely :beerchug:

You should be able to get one of eGhey cheap enough, hell, if you're not in too much of a hurry you'll probably pick one up where the postage will cost more than the swingarm itself. If it fits, then jobsagoodn, if it doesn't fit, sling it back on the Bay of E.

thanks alot for your advise Heds954

and could u please PM me with all the bling bits that you have for sale?

cheers

Diogo

thanks alot for your advise Heds954

and could u please PM me with all the bling bits that you have for sale?

cheers

Diogo

No probs fella. As for blingness, can't remember off hand what Blade bits I've got left, but anyway, click the links in my signature below :icon_bounce:

Archived