08 blade power commander or not?

Fozzy

Hi guys,

I have fitted a leo vince gp pro evoII slip on to stock headers on my 08 blade wich removes the cat but retins the o2 sensor, also keeping stock filter for now.

What i would like to know is, i want to fit a PCV,do i need to fit the o2 senseor eliminator as dynojet say and what benifit will i see apart from the FI light not coming on on the dash,will it run richer or leaner or will it help fueling?

any advice would be greatly recived.

Cheers.

The O2 sensor is the bikes way of self adjusting the mixtures. So, if you put on a PCV and then spend £150 on a custom map, the O2 sensor will fuck around with your mixtures. It's got to go I'm afraid. Easy to do though; just disconnect a plug and attach a connector to one end. Simples.

I've got a '06 Blade and I'm running a race can with K&N filters, a PC3 with a custom map. The custom map is awesome. Seems silly to me that people spend all that money on tuning gear and then don't bother to put it up on the dyno to have it set up properly. Oh, well...

Here's a review I posted a while back from when I got mine sorted:

Banjax custom map review.

Hope all that helps.

Welome aboard by the way and don't forget to read the Wrong 'Un thread...

;)

The O2 sensor is the bikes way of self adjusting the mixtures. So, if you put on a PCV and then spend £150 on a custom map, the O2 sensor will fuck around with your mixtures. It's got to go I'm afraid. Easy to do though; just disconnect a plug and attach a connector to one end. Simples.

I've got a '06 Blade and I'm running a race can with K&N filters, a PC3 with a custom map. The custom map is awesome. Seems silly to me that people spend all that money on tuning gear and then don't bother to put it up on the dyno to have it set up properly. Oh, well...

Here's a review I posted a while back from when I got mine sorted:

Banjax custom map review.

Hope all that helps.

Welome aboard by the way and don't forget to read the Wrong 'Un thread...

:icon_salut:

cheers

was going to take it to FW Developments and get them to stick it on there dyno had 05 blade previously with the same set up as your 06 but that did not need a o2 eliminator

yes it is a doddle to fit was not sure what benifits it gave if any though

so it looks like i am going to have to persuade the Mrs that they are essential items yet again :thumbsup:

thanks for the info

Archived