Good bike cleaning

madmike

Got some christmas money now that I want to spend on some good bike cleaning products for the bike as its still getting used over winter, So...

what do you use to clean your bike? and how do you go about it?

:D

Tried searching the forum for previous topics but had no luck! :pbtwerplr3: Sorry if there is already one!

Can use Muck off, S-doc or hein gerickes own stuff, all seem to be rated pretty highly by people who've used the stuff. Now if ya want to get technical then its what you put onit after, good debate in the trusted section over the use of either FS365 or ACF for anti rust stuff

dont bother cleaning it through the winter just ACF50 it and leave it alone till spring.

I polish the faring and tank and keep the lights clean but thats it.

dont bother cleaning it through the winter just ACF50 it and leave it alone till spring.

I polish the faring and tank and keep the lights clean but thats it.

:eusa_whistle:

That seems to work for me every winter. Wash it and cost it with ACF 50 at the start of the winter, then don't bother washing it again 'til spring.

To be honest, when the weather and roads get like they are at the moment, I don't even bother cleaning the bodywork, just wipe the lights down every few days to keep them clean!

unfortunately the bike is my main form of transport! its my trusty steed! So I HAVE to use it some days unfortunately ;)

Same here mate, my personal opinion is that if you stick something like the ACF on it to protect it along with a bit of wax on the bodywork, the dirt and shit only sticks to the wax and ACF so the bike stays clean underneath........This may not be what actually happens but it gives me a good excuse to not bother washing the bike :)

As mentioned above the ACF treatment is the way to go however if you're looking to clean the thing regularly then Muc Off, Autoglym, Gunk, WD-40, Wurth brake cleaner are all worth having. I keep a tin of Mr Sheen for the bodywork and tank too.

been recommended some silicon spray from a local garage, giving that a try at the moment! but its meant to do the same things as you have stated. keep the dirt and other crap loose! :P

Archived