Good bike cleaning

madmike

Got some christmas money now that I want to spend on some good bike cleaning products for the bike as its still getting used over winter, So...

what do you use to clean your bike? and how do you go about it?

:D

Tried searching the forum for previous topics but had no luck! :pbtwerplr3: Sorry if there is already one!

i use to jat wash my bike every sunday,with indutrail jet wash,but i did find that head bearing di rust up quick,as well as the swing arm piviot,so have stoped now,good indstrial gread degreaser then a hot wash down,as we have mountains of red hot water at work on tap,then a bloody good wd40 top to bottom,even on the paint,leave for 1hr and wipe the execc off,job done.

high pressure spray washer. and a can of degreaser spray. 10 minute job

thats what i have done... looks great! next time (thanks to the degreaser) it should be easier to wash too!

Cheers! ^_^

SDOC 1000, autoglym bike cleaner, various autoglym polishes. Can never resist a quick spray of furniture polish periodically too (must contain beeswax).

Two buckets (one clean, one dirty water). Microfibre wash mitts, various sponges and brushes. Garden vac after to dry, then synthetic chamis.

Autoglym metal polish once in a whuile too. I use WD40 sprayed onto a rag for the wheels, keeps them nice and clean.

Job done. Remember to re-greese stuff after.

Archived