Haynes vs Clymer

jaycee

Anybody got experience of both? I've used Haynes for previous bikes but for quite a few jopbs its just there forp ointers. I've been told that the Clymer are more detailed and since I'm buying a GSX-R750 next week which will be the most complicated bike I've ever owned its better to have decent workshop manual. Not a complete mechanical moron as I am a lift mech to trade and have done most of the work on my bikes except valve clearances and any servicing under warrantys.

Excuse typo in title, couldn't edit it :eusa_whistle:

Clymer every time for me.

Haynes are ok for general servicing jobs, but for anything more than that, clymer are at a whole new level for detail.

Depends what sort of jobs you expect to be tackling on the bike.

I've got a clymer for the crosser and Haynes for the Duke. Clymer are far, far better.

I have both. Clymer are American so are available for some fairly obscure models of bike. I have one for a KLR650 which I don't think Haynes do a copy for. I also have a Clymer for a Kettle 750 (which I sold in 1995!) They are more concise than Haynes, better wiring diagrams, better detail for engine stripdowns IMO.

Books are the best tools you can buy... sell the bike, keep the manual.

I've uesd this site a few times now and it rocks. All the Clymer and Haynes manuals you could want and if he hasn't got them he can get them within a few days + tons of other great books. A really good and helpful service.

geniune OEM is the only way. one of the first things i buy when i get a new bike. might cost a bit more but they are great - especially the yam ones.

geniune OEM is the only way. one of the first things i buy when i get a new bike. might cost a bit more but they are great - especially the yam ones.

+1 :thumbsup:

Archived