How'd you balance a small front wheel?

Gobert23

:eusa_think:

I'm a lil' stumped with this one...

Honda Zoomer (NPS50 - Yes, 50cc of put-put scooter) which has a teenie tiny lil' 10" front rim.

Here's the laugh... New tyres fitted (Michelin Bopper's - Only the stickiest <cough> rubber will do? :eusa_whistle: ) but even HONDA don't have a machine that can balance these wheels/tyres at the local dealer (the front spindle is 10-12mm at a guess, so REALLY small).

Suggestions on a postcard...

G :eusa_dance:

put the spindle across axle stands and do a static balance - should be good enough for the speeds the ped will do.

If definately needs looked at... It's either the wheel/tyre or the head bearings.

How'd I do a static balance then?? :pb2:

I wouidn't have thought it was worth balancing.

Vespas and Lambrettas have 10" wheels and they're never balanced.

+1

If definately needs looked at... It's either the wheel/tyre or the head bearings.

How'd I do a static balance then?? :icon_bounce:

if something feels wrong my money would be on the head bearings

>if something feels wrong my money would be on the head bearings

Yeah, that was what I thought as well, but thought I might get away with looking at the wheel first...

It's difficult to tell, but for the cost of a pair of bearings, I'll get 'em done...

Ta :eusa_whistle:

If the wheel needs balancing on a bike that doesn't do 40 then it's been badly bent or something and it'd show up on even a fairly crude static balance. You'd possibly be able to see it just spinning and wobbling too. My bet is on head-bearings.

Archived