Clutch problem on GSX-R1000 K5

originalracingsnake

I got all the way to the gates into work and was waiting in 1st gear, clutch in, for the barrier to lift when.......... CLONK! the bike stalled. Odd, thinks me, went to pull in the clutch and the cable had snapped. Bother!

Paddled the bike in neutral into the shed, and had a quick look. It seems the clutch actuator arm has got jammed. I suspect the clutch has something amiss, and has jammed, breaking the cable. Bike can be pushed about in N, but I have not tried getting it in gear cos the clutch cable is fecked....

I've never had this happen on any bike before, any ideas?

Get the thing in bits. You need to check the actuator anyhow. K5's have a stupidly strong anti-chatter spring that sometimes falls to bits/causes something else to fall to bits. Replace the rear concave one with that off a 750 K5/6. Job jobbed. There's a tutorial in here somewhere.

Get the thing in bits. You need to check the actuator anyhow. K5's have a stupidly strong anti-chatter spring that sometimes falls to bits/causes something else to fall to bits. Replace the rear concave one with that off a 750 K5/6. Job jobbed. There's a tutorial in here somewhere.

Will do, that whole area will need a damn good clean out prior to the onset of winter.

I'll search for the tutorial and post a link in this thread.

Archived