powercommander problems

charlie R

I've just ought a P/C 3 for my GSXR1000 k1, but it didn't come with anything. So I bought a 9 pin to USB lead and downloaded 2 maps from P/C site and what I thorough was the software to access/update it. All I got was P/C not connected so put ignition then started the bike still the same answer. Can anyone show me wear to get the proper software, I've been reading web sites for 2 weeks now and I'm not getting any were, as you can tell I'm not the best at web site etc but I'm getting despate to get it sorted, cheers Charlie

the 9pin to usb cables are tricky to set up, i messed with mine for days until it worked, from what i remember you need the correct drivers installed and use the old PC3 software not the PC3 usb. even dynojet say the 9pin to usb setups temprimental. easiest solution is to borrow a laptop with a 9 pin connection.

Also some PC3's need the bike to be running to link up, you should be able to download the manual from dynojet

the 9pin to usb cables are tricky to set up, i messed with mine for days until it worked, from what i remember you need the correct drivers installed and use the old PC3 software not the PC3 usb. even dynojet say the 9pin to usb setups temprimental. easiest solution is to borrow a laptop with a 9 pin connection.

Also some PC3's need the bike to be running to link up, you should be able to download the manual from dynojet

he's not wrong. it is a pain in the arse. easiest way is to borrow a laptop with a 9pin in the back, or if your desktop has one, drag it out to the garage.

from dynojet FAQ

Q My Power Commander (PCII, PCIII, PCIIIr) has a 9 pin serial port on it, but my computer does not have a matching port. What can I do to connect it to my computer?

PCII/III/IIIr

A.

You will need to purchase a USB to 9 pin serial adapter. Call 01995 600500 or email info@dynojet.co.uk for details.

with the ecu we used on the mono you have to use the right type of usb adaptor, something to do with the chipset. the cost of it has nothing to do with it apparantly.

Archived