SP1 Query

Rainer

I went out on the bike this affy to try out the new rearsets and about 5 miles into the ride the oil light came on while going up a hill. It's never come on before and the bike was only serviced a month ago so I turned round to go home and check the level. Going back down the hill the light went out then briefly flashed on the next time I went up a hill. When I got in I checked the level and, as I expected, it was spot on.

Could it be something to do with dropping the bike at Cadwell the other week? It was on it's side with the engine running briefly before I could switch it off, but I've done at least 250 miles since then and never seen the oil light on until today.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Mark

It's buggered mate. I'll take it off your hands for £100....and I'm cutting me own froat at that. No need to thank me.

Daft question, but was it raining, or had the bike just been washed?

The oil pressure sending unit is located inbetween the cylinders on the left side of the bike. You'll need to look behind the coolant overflow bottle to see it, and it's covered with a rubber boot.

The wire from the sending unit needs to be grounded to make the light come on.It's possible that the crash loosened some wires and moisture is causing the circuit to ground?

I think you may be onto something: The bike had just been washed and it was absolutely hammering down.

Hopefully it was just coincidence that the light only came on as the bike was going uphill.

Thanks for the reply ;)

Nah mate...its fuggered.

I'll up my offer to £110 and a bag of soggy Monster Munch. Can I collect the bike tomorrow? :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Fuck it. I was about to offer £110 but I just can't match you on the Monster Munch, that's a master stroke. I'm out.

Mark, is it an oil level sensor rather than a pressure one?

on the R1 it is a level sensor and just occasionally the light has flickered on & off when I've been absolutely hammering it up or down hill.

Nah mate...its fuggered.

I'll up my offer to £110 and a bag of soggy Monster Munch. Can I collect the bike tomorrow? :eusa_whistle::tumbleweed:

:( Pickled Onion flavour?

And how soggy? Are we talking about soup-like consistency?

Archived