gixer tip over sensor

motopsycho

Having gone out for a blast last week on the bikes, unfortunately one of the pack decided to pick a fight with a central island at speed, result; one twisted Limited Edition 2005 GSXR750.

Offering a helping hand, we had the bike dropped of at my place and together, we all got stuck in and rebuilt the bike as quickly as possible. Like always it was a wee bit of a bumpy road to get the thing back together again but we got there in 7 days. However, the problem we're having now is the C23 tip over sensor, which is stopping us firing it up.

So, does anyone have suggestions as to how we can bypass this poxy sensor that Suzuki has placed on the system?

Any information would be very much appreciated.

Cheers!

If it's the same as on my old VFR then if you unplug it it won't fire, so I'd guess you'd have to short it out, rather than leave it open circuit. Assuming it's a 2 wire type then all it is is a switch.

The big assumtion you're making is that it is a faulty tilt switch, there's a likelyhood that it could be all sorts of things, sidestand cut out, clutch cut-out etc.

This may sound daft but are you sure you've put the sensor back in the right place/right angle of fitment? Only asking 'cos we had the same problem with my mates K5 race bike after a smash.

This may sound daft but are you sure you've put the sensor back in the right place/right angle of fitment? Only asking 'cos we had the same problem with my mates K5 race bike after a smash.

Wot he said , on a lot of them it's possible to fit 'em upside down , they are usually marked and they usually reset after turning the ign on and off

Archived