Speedo Healer (and why I think it might help)

jamesthehondaman

Hi recieved my letter of shame from Vicroads, here in Victoria, Australia.......No points left on licence..take 3 months now (Option 1), or be good for the next 12 (Option 2)....took 'Option 2'...

so....if johnnie copper does me in the next 365 days I'll be walking and pushing a barrow with my work tools 12k into town...........or riding a push bike, with a barrow adapter attachment, with my work tools........

I live on farm out of town and my neighbor over the road, is the local police senior constable from the neighboring town, he recons he could hear me on my last bike, a micron full system 07 fireblade, by a rule of mathamatics, time v distance etc, 12 kms from home down the valley, waking his wife and kids at night....so he doesnt like me much....I take his $ for cattle agistment though....$ is $.....

Anyway, as my 08 R1 has a -1 front sprocket and throws out the speedo out, are these gizmo's worth the few quid to install...just maybe I can sail through a speed camera without making it click....

(PS the copper over the road know's of my licence situation, as he was tellin the sherriff what a prick I am at the bottom of my driveway, when the sherriff had delivered the letter)

Your reasurance that this gizmo may assist me to readily assess my 'accurate' , will be greatly appreciated.....

If you have gone -1 on the front then your speedo will be reading higher than it should anyway, so if you dont want to get caught speeding leave it how it is, unless you think you may start guessing your speed and ignoring the inaccurate speedo?

Personally, I'd get the 'blade laid up for a little while and get yourself a lovely little crosser or something. Something that'll still be fun, but you won't need to go at warp speed to get your giggles.

How about fixing a cheap sat nav to your bike, one which also detects speed cameras. That's what I do.

Or don't speed........ :(

How about fixing a cheap sat nav to your bike, one which also detects speed cameras. That's what I do.

Or don't speed........ :eusa_think:

Bought a TomTom...havnt used it yet but my initial guess is the speedo is under by about 22 kph ...

Your bike looks beautiful...

Cheers

James

Archived